This heat has been relentless lately and there is nothing more refreshing than fresh cucumber, mint and lime all put together into one super refreshing cocktail. You can even omit the vodka and enjoy as a family!
What you will need
3/4 cup simple syrup
3 cups ginger beer
1 cup mint leaves
1 cup vodka
1/4 cup fresh lime
1 cucumber skinned and chopped
Yields: 6 cocktails
What to do
1. Skin and dice your cucumber and throw it into the blender and blend with 1 tbsp of water to make a puree. Put the puree aside.
Tip: For an easier alternative you can also just slice thin slices of cucumber and muddle it in the bottom of your pitcher for more of a cucumber essence. If you don't have a muddler, a wooden spoon works great.
2. Juice your limes until you have 1/4 cup of juice. That was equivalent to two large limes for me. Put the lime juice it into a pitcher of your choice.
3. If you don't have any simple syrup you can easily make it by mixing 6 tbsp of sugar and 6 tbsp of water in a small saucepan. Bring it to boil, stirring until the sugar has dissolved. Allow to cool. Tip: For a lower calorie option, use Agave Nectar
4. In the pitcher you will be serving your cocktail out of, combine your lime juice, mint leaves and simple syrup and muddle them together. Avoid over muddling and browning the leaves.
5. Add the reserved pureed cucumber, vodka. and ginger beer. Stir the liquid together.
Tip: If you don't have ginger beer, ginger ale works as well.
6. Pour over ice and enjoy!