The citrus on our trees has been exploding this month and I have been loving incorporating the fruit into all sorts of recipes. Last week we met with the Sevenly team at the cutest restaurant in San Clemente. It's called Ellie's Table. If you are local you should absolutely check them out. Anyways, we tried this kale citrus salad and I had been dying to make it ever since. Kale is one of those intimidating vegetables. The kind where if you have it served to you the wrong way once it might scar you for life. I've tried it in smoothies and salads and always sort of suffered through because it is usually so bitter but pairing it with citrus is such a game changer. You gotta try this one.
Here's what you will need:
3 bunches of kale
1 green apple
How to make:
1. Chop all of the kale, three of the oranges and one apple.
2. Add chopped nuts, dried cranberries and pomegranates if you have them.
3. Toss with dressing.
1. Juice remaining two oranges.
2. Add 1 tbsp of olive oil and 2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar.
3. Season dressing with salt and pepper.
4. Stir together.
This recipe is such a great use for ripe citrus. We really think you are going to love it!